Friday, August 31, 2012

At a loss for words.

Last week one of my worst anxieties became a reality as I was working and a woman came running up to me with bright eyes to ask me how my baby was doing. I had rehearsed this scenario in my mind a million times, but when I was in that moment I was at a loss for words. I sat in silence for a few awkward moments as confusion came over her face. I couldn't spit out the words that seemed like a nightmare but were my reality. I was wishing so badly that I had happy news for her. In a roundabout way I told her things didn't go as planned and that he didn't make it. I felt terrible, not necessarily for myself but for her. She was also at a loss for words. I was wishing that this conversation had never happened, for her sake. I'm that girl- I put a damper on what should be a happy conversation, but this IS my reality. Another piece of my already broken heart crumbled in that moment, but I did it. I made it out alive.

5 comments:

  1. Kylee, you are an inspiration. Although I am in a different season of life, I refer to your blog when I need strength to conquer life's challenges. Your testimony of the plan of salvation is powerful.

    My mother, Ann Frehner, sends you her love and admiration for drawing close to our Savior and coping with your deep loss in such an inspiring way.

    I want you to know, in addition to those within your close circle of friends, there are many others who love you for your strength and pray for your well -being

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Kylee. You are such an inspiration. Your constant faithfulness is incredible. You make me want to be a better person.. I am lucky to have you in my life. I love you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so strong, Kylee. What a tough moment for you to have to be faced with. I look up to you so much for making the best out of a terrible situation. And I have no doubt that you didn't make that lady feel uncomfortable. You have such a way with dealing with this hardship that is unbelievable. Keep it up! I think about you all the time and am grateful to be reminded of your strong testimony. You're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylee you are a strong woman. I too am sorry you had to go through that. I wish I could say that it would never happen again and I can pray it doesn't for you. What I have learned through it all is that it's a moment I can talk about them, doesn't really make it easier, but it was I could do to make it bearable. Hang in there, I am sorry I didn't get to see you at HALO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! We have to do some pretty hard things in this life, don't we? I appreciate your support in helping me pull through. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete