Friday, August 17, 2012

A BIG {Thank You}...

Instead of picking out outfits, we were picking out a headstone... something I wish NO ONE had to do. We had debated on different styles, sayings, picture or no picture and so on. All of these ideas we had, these ideas to give our son exactly what he deserves- something beautiful and perfect like he is, costs money. A lot of money. Thousands. This was something we had not exactly planned for. My parents had so kindly offered to pick up the tab when one evening the owner of the memorial business called my Dad to tell him that someone, an anonymous someone, had called and offered to pay for Clutch's headstone- Every. Single. Penny. The person wanted to remain anonymous. I was speechless. Someone really cared that much to fork out thousands of dollars on our behalf? I was so overcome with gratitude. I kept playing in my mind how we could somehow repay this person, when I realized we cannot repay this person; All we can do is pay it forward. To help those around us in any way we can, and I hope and pray that someday we are in the position to help someone in the way this person helped us. On that day, this person gave us more than a beautiful headstone for our Angel, they gave us hope for brighter days, and for that I cannot thank them enough. So, maybe..just maybe you are out there reading this right now. I hope you know how eternally grateful I am for you. Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. You are so amazing.. and loved. You never cease to amaze me.. You know how much I LOVE your blog. Keep it up. It helps more people than you know. I love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing Ky!! It just goes to show how much You, Chais and Clutch are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful story of a Christ like person. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know- definitely a Christ- like person. I am still amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This brought me to tears. It comforts me to know there are still genuinely kind hearted people in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's truly amazing in this awful world we live in how many caring and generous people there are! Thanks for sharing! You inspire me daily!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me so happy! There are definitely good people out there, and you guys deserved this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made such an impact on my life and we have never met! I heard your story from friends we have in common. I think about you everyday! Thanks for opening my eyes. Thanks for helping my testimony grow. Thanks for being you!!!!

    ReplyDelete